A Roblox Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roblox Community

A community of Robloxians who want to learn to script and build on Roblox Studio.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
If you're a experienced coder make some tutorials! It would really help the site grow.
Make sure you read the rules(Which can be found by clicking here)
If you're a beginner at coding, try some tutorials.
We have many Moderators/Admins watching this site. Contact them with Questions.
Let us know what your favorite sport is. By clicking here to vote (Click here)
This site is becoming inactive. Lets make it active.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
blueymaddog
How to make a SIMPLE command script Vote_lcapHow to make a SIMPLE command script Voting_barHow to make a SIMPLE command script Vote_rcap 
naknak
How to make a SIMPLE command script Vote_lcapHow to make a SIMPLE command script Voting_barHow to make a SIMPLE command script Vote_rcap 
Supernapalm
m27frogy
slayer9365
myrco919
branefreez
ninga95
CloneTrooper787
raboy117
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
» Where to go from here.
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptySeptember 14th 2020, 1:20 pm by MrNicNac

» Send me an Email
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptySeptember 14th 2020, 1:16 pm by MrNicNac

» [v1.6.0.0] Lua Script Obfuscator [No Bytecode]
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 6th 2015, 7:38 pm by m27frogy

» New Site Possibly
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 6th 2015, 4:16 pm by m27frogy

» Ambassador!
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyApril 15th 2015, 11:40 pm by naknak

» Boop - Tag
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyApril 13th 2015, 9:46 pm by naknak

» Vip Class Script
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyApril 13th 2015, 4:54 pm by naknak

» Who's active?!
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyApril 13th 2015, 4:52 pm by naknak

» Genesis Point
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 17th 2014, 7:04 pm by branefreez

» Reward System
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 17th 2014, 5:41 am by m27frogy

» Script Request
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 11:43 am by naknak

» local scripts?
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 11:39 am by naknak

» Project: Reconstruction [Died]
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 11:36 am by naknak

» Hi. I am new here
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyApril 26th 2014, 4:01 pm by altshiftkey

» What's your favorite sport?
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJanuary 1st 2014, 2:13 pm by m27frogy

» FlashLight Script
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJanuary 1st 2014, 2:11 pm by m27frogy

» Gun Making! [READ DESC]
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJanuary 1st 2014, 2:10 pm by m27frogy

» Hi, I am new here!
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 3:33 pm by Keanu73

» Improve Coding
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyOctober 26th 2013, 1:12 pm by pook03

» Simple Button
How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptySeptember 1st 2013, 6:19 pm by branefreez

How to make a SIMPLE command script

Go down 
+3
Prodigy
Bobbyfishstick5
naknak
7 posters
AuthorMessage
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

How to make a SIMPLE command script Empty
PostSubject: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 31st 2010, 9:22 am

There really is know simple way to make a command script, but we can make a simplified one. Here is a short reset command script:
Code:
game.Players.PlayerAdded:connect(function(newPlayer) --when an new player enters...
   newPlayer.Chatted:connect(function(msg) --they can chat to activate the function...
      if msg:lower() == "reset" then --and if they said "reset"...
         if newPlayer.Character then --and they have a character,
            newPlayer.Character:BreakJoints() --then you die
         end
      end
   end)
end)
There are better ways to organize this kind of script if there are multiple commands, if you want to know how, please ask...

Last edited by naknak on July 31st 2010, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It needed more explaination)
Back to top Go down
Bobbyfishstick5
Expert Scripter
Expert Scripter
Bobbyfishstick5

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 31st 2010, 10:34 am

Total awesomeness!
Back to top Go down
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 31st 2010, 10:38 am

I am the only one with any reputation right now :D
Back to top Go down
Prodigy
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 31st 2010, 10:56 am

Moved it to a better suited forum(The intermediate one).

You should break down and explain the script, so they don't just copy and paste.
Back to top Go down
http://roblox.forumclan.com
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJuly 31st 2010, 12:29 pm

there, it is fixed (I think)
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyJanuary 18th 2011, 7:29 am

yep. This would give people a great start to chat commands!
Back to top Go down
lukenuke75
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter
lukenuke75

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyMarch 8th 2011, 5:26 pm

Personally i would not have used an anonymous function. Mainly because it is not as neat as the declared functions. Plus, i think it would be easier to use the declared function instead. Thus giving you more room and less confusion over what goes where.

5/10
Back to top Go down
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyMarch 8th 2011, 11:39 pm

If I wrote it, I know exactly what it says. My scripting style is just extremely messy.
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyMarch 27th 2011, 6:31 am

lol, most of the time my scripts don't make sense to people cuz my vats are abbreviated and shorted.
eg: Player becomes pl. :P

Back to top Go down
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyMarch 27th 2011, 9:39 pm

Workspace becomes "W", Lighting becomes "L", etc... If you were to read one of my more large scripts you wouldn't be able to get very far.
Back to top Go down
Supernapalm
Expert Scripter
Expert Scripter

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyMarch 29th 2011, 9:09 pm

well my variables are declared in alphabetical order AND compressed. so if i declared Workspace, Lighting, SoundService all in order it would be something like this:

a=workspace b=game.Lighting c=game.SoundService

so my in line scripting would just keep going until it reaches the maximum length of the line. oh, and i count my code length in commands. and this script is 3 lines long
Back to top Go down
http://hackthissite.org
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyMarch 30th 2011, 7:25 am

if you used "a=workspace" then any smart virus could break that script ;)
Back to top Go down
myrco919
Intermediate Scripter
Intermediate Scripter
myrco919

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyApril 4th 2011, 8:38 am

naknak wrote:
If I wrote it, I know exactly what it says. My scripting style is just extremely messy.

Oh my. really?
Back to top Go down
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyApril 4th 2011, 6:39 pm

Was that sarcasm? If not, yes I write very messy but as long as the job gets done, no one cares.
Back to top Go down
lukenuke75
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter
lukenuke75

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyAugust 13th 2011, 3:57 pm

Great tutorial, though you could explain it a lot better. I know what your tkling about but do you think others might?
Back to top Go down
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyAugust 16th 2011, 7:18 pm

That is why it isn't in the beginners section. Of course who is to say what is what difficulty.
Back to top Go down
lukenuke75
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter
lukenuke75

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyAugust 19th 2011, 1:08 am

True, thought I thought this was complicated when I first came here. So who can judge, I guess they can learn off of it.
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script EmptyNovember 20th 2011, 6:14 am

lukenuke75 wrote:
Personally i would not have used an anonymous function. Mainly because it is not as neat as the declared functions. Plus, i think it would be easier to use the declared function instead. Thus giving you more room and less confusion over what goes where.

5/10

personally I think that his use for anonymous functions was fine, since he was only using the code in that function once!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make a SIMPLE command script   How to make a SIMPLE command script Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make a SIMPLE command script
Page 1 of 1