A Roblox Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roblox Community

A community of Robloxians who want to learn to script and build on Roblox Studio.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
If you're a experienced coder make some tutorials! It would really help the site grow.
Make sure you read the rules(Which can be found by clicking here)
If you're a beginner at coding, try some tutorials.
We have many Moderators/Admins watching this site. Contact them with Questions.
Let us know what your favorite sport is. By clicking here to vote (Click here)
This site is becoming inactive. Lets make it active.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
blueymaddog
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? Vote_lcapWhere can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? Voting_barWhere can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? Vote_rcap 
naknak
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? Vote_lcapWhere can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? Voting_barWhere can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? Vote_rcap 
Supernapalm
m27frogy
slayer9365
myrco919
branefreez
ninga95
CloneTrooper787
raboy117
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
» Where to go from here.
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptySeptember 14th 2020, 1:20 pm by MrNicNac

» Send me an Email
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptySeptember 14th 2020, 1:16 pm by MrNicNac

» [v1.6.0.0] Lua Script Obfuscator [No Bytecode]
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJuly 6th 2015, 7:38 pm by m27frogy

» New Site Possibly
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJuly 6th 2015, 4:16 pm by m27frogy

» Ambassador!
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyApril 15th 2015, 11:40 pm by naknak

» Boop - Tag
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyApril 13th 2015, 9:46 pm by naknak

» Vip Class Script
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyApril 13th 2015, 4:54 pm by naknak

» Who's active?!
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyApril 13th 2015, 4:52 pm by naknak

» Genesis Point
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJuly 17th 2014, 7:04 pm by branefreez

» Reward System
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJuly 17th 2014, 5:41 am by m27frogy

» Script Request
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 11:43 am by naknak

» local scripts?
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 11:39 am by naknak

» Project: Reconstruction [Died]
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 11:36 am by naknak

» Hi. I am new here
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyApril 26th 2014, 4:01 pm by altshiftkey

» What's your favorite sport?
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJanuary 1st 2014, 2:13 pm by m27frogy

» FlashLight Script
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJanuary 1st 2014, 2:11 pm by m27frogy

» Gun Making! [READ DESC]
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJanuary 1st 2014, 2:10 pm by m27frogy

» Hi, I am new here!
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 3:33 pm by Keanu73

» Improve Coding
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyOctober 26th 2013, 1:12 pm by pook03

» Simple Button
Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptySeptember 1st 2013, 6:19 pm by branefreez

Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?

Go down 
+4
blueymaddog
slayer9365
naknak
ninga95
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? Empty
PostSubject: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyAugust 11th 2010, 9:07 pm

I was wondering can anyone ehre teach me how to script LUA?
Back to top Go down
ninga95
Administrator
Administrator
ninga95

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyAugust 11th 2010, 9:10 pm

Tell us what you need help with in Lua. Oh, and it's not LUA it's Lua. But there is a lot to learn about Lua. Be more specific what do you need help with
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyAugust 11th 2010, 9:11 pm

I need help with everything in Lua.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyAugust 11th 2010, 9:23 pm

Erm...you kinda need to learn in chunks. Let's say you attempt to teach quantum physics to a 1st grader. He/she will not understand a word that you speak. No matter how simple you make it. They need to learn the other things in the areas that precede that. So do scripters. You can't just say 'teach me everyhing' and expect to know everything in one lesson. The best meathod would be to go to the wiki or go to free models. Find a script or tutorial on your current topic, and edit the script or go through the tutorial and learn what the script or example actually does.
Back to top Go down
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyAugust 11th 2010, 10:03 pm

I can teach you the basics of scripting so you can know what the heck you're trying to do on scripts
Back to top Go down
slayer9365
Expert Scripter
Expert Scripter
slayer9365

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyAugust 13th 2010, 12:37 am

I would suggest learning RBLX Lua.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyDecember 10th 2010, 7:12 pm

help meh i dont know a thing about scripting NOT ONE can u help me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyDecember 10th 2010, 7:19 pm

i dont know wat a gui or lua or anything is
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyDecember 11th 2010, 6:57 am

Lua is the scripting language that we use in the 3d roblox client. GUIs are 2d graphics like the exit button at the bottom left of your screen
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyDecember 11th 2010, 7:01 am

Ps: can I be promoted to something higher than 'novice scripter'. I've posted over 1000 posts on the Scripting Helpers Forum helping many scripters with their scripting needs. and builderboy202 thinks he's better at scripting than me yet he need help from me with some connection line problems. :P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyDecember 15th 2010, 3:54 pm

my advice ( which i have barly any of ) is use wiki and copy scripts off there
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyDecember 21st 2010, 6:33 am

Don't copy the scripts, learn from the scripts. their only examples so you can learn from it so you can make a script do want you want it to do in the game.
Back to top Go down
raboy117
Novice Scripter
Novice Scripter
raboy117

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJanuary 20th 2011, 9:30 pm

I Suggest starting looking through free model scripts, and change them thats how i started off but now I Have the best tutor.
Back to top Go down
Supernapalm
Expert Scripter
Expert Scripter

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJanuary 20th 2011, 10:37 pm

to become a programmer, you must have determination, desire, and dignity
Back to top Go down
http://hackthissite.org
myrco919
Intermediate Scripter
Intermediate Scripter
myrco919

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJanuary 22nd 2011, 5:26 am

Please look at the tutorial section.
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyJanuary 23rd 2011, 4:18 am

thread closed.
Back to top Go down
CloneTrooper787
CloneTrooper787

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyApril 21st 2011, 8:59 pm

I too, like slayer, would recommend RBLX Lua.
Back to top Go down
myrco919
Intermediate Scripter
Intermediate Scripter
myrco919

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyApril 28th 2011, 3:29 pm

Why did you bump this :s

Admins should lock this.
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyFebruary 12th 2012, 4:12 am

lol
NECROBUMP!
Back to top Go down
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyFebruary 19th 2012, 11:28 pm

Almost thought you put NECROHUMP. >.> admin breaking rules ftw.
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? EmptyFebruary 22nd 2012, 6:09 am

we should be setting an example or something, lol. (we are soooo mature! >:P) (well when we want to be :D)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?   Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where can i learn to script can u guy's teach me?
Page 1 of 1