A Roblox Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roblox Community

A community of Robloxians who want to learn to script and build on Roblox Studio.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
If you're a experienced coder make some tutorials! It would really help the site grow.
Make sure you read the rules(Which can be found by clicking here)
If you're a beginner at coding, try some tutorials.
We have many Moderators/Admins watching this site. Contact them with Questions.
Let us know what your favorite sport is. By clicking here to vote (Click here)
This site is becoming inactive. Lets make it active.
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
blueymaddog
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer Vote_lcapreduce lag and maximise space on your computer Voting_barreduce lag and maximise space on your computer Vote_rcap 
naknak
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer Vote_lcapreduce lag and maximise space on your computer Voting_barreduce lag and maximise space on your computer Vote_rcap 
Supernapalm
m27frogy
slayer9365
myrco919
branefreez
ninga95
CloneTrooper787
raboy117
Top posting users this month
No user
Latest topics
» Where to go from here.
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptySeptember 14th 2020, 1:20 pm by MrNicNac

» Send me an Email
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptySeptember 14th 2020, 1:16 pm by MrNicNac

» [v1.6.0.0] Lua Script Obfuscator [No Bytecode]
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyJuly 6th 2015, 7:38 pm by m27frogy

» New Site Possibly
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyJuly 6th 2015, 4:16 pm by m27frogy

» Ambassador!
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyApril 15th 2015, 11:40 pm by naknak

» Boop - Tag
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyApril 13th 2015, 9:46 pm by naknak

» Vip Class Script
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyApril 13th 2015, 4:54 pm by naknak

» Who's active?!
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyApril 13th 2015, 4:52 pm by naknak

» Genesis Point
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyJuly 17th 2014, 7:04 pm by branefreez

» Reward System
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyJuly 17th 2014, 5:41 am by m27frogy

» Script Request
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 11:43 am by naknak

» local scripts?
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 11:39 am by naknak

» Project: Reconstruction [Died]
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyJuly 10th 2014, 11:36 am by naknak

» Hi. I am new here
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyApril 26th 2014, 4:01 pm by altshiftkey

» What's your favorite sport?
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyJanuary 1st 2014, 2:13 pm by m27frogy

» FlashLight Script
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyJanuary 1st 2014, 2:11 pm by m27frogy

» Gun Making! [READ DESC]
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyJanuary 1st 2014, 2:10 pm by m27frogy

» Hi, I am new here!
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyNovember 26th 2013, 3:33 pm by Keanu73

» Improve Coding
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyOctober 26th 2013, 1:12 pm by pook03

» Simple Button
reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptySeptember 1st 2013, 6:19 pm by branefreez

reduce lag and maximise space on your computer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

reduce lag and maximise space on your computer Empty
PostSubject: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyFebruary 1st 2011, 9:37 pm

When I first learned of what all I could do to improve my computer, I was shocked.
  1. Defragmentation organizes the files on your computer so the computer can better use them. Go to 'your computer', then click properties on your local disk. Once that is up, click tools then defragment. From there, it probably depends on your computer.

2. Fix your registry errors. The first time I did this, my registry had over 700 errors! But don't be fooled by all the programs out there that say it will fix it for you. Most of them cost money. I found something called 'CCleaner' that can do more than fix your registry. I suggest getting it.

3. Get rid of unnecessary files. CCleaner can do a pretty good job of this, but things like unused programs, old programs and games, etc you will have to delete yourself.

4. Get an anti-virus. I currently use Trend Micro for my main computer and AVG 2011 for my back up laptop. If you don't want to spend money, I suggest AVG 2011. Of course, it doesn't compare to a paid anti-virus. That's what you get for being cheap, i guess.

5. Disable unneeded programs on startup. This probably varies by computer. All I have to do is search 'MSCONFIG' on my computer then click 'startup.' This will allow your computer to startup quicker because it doesn't have to worry about activating all those programs.

6. Fix bad sectors. As you use your hard drive, it can develop bad sectors. Bad sectors slow down hard disk performance and sometimes make data writing (such as file saving) difficult, or even impossible. Follow the same steps as defragmentation to find the tool to fix bad sectors.

I may add more later. This is what I remembered when writing this.

Back to top Go down
slayer9365
Expert Scripter
Expert Scripter
slayer9365

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 2:10 pm

I would really just go and buy a good computer because you will need to do this every other week to get it to run correctly, and if you have a decent one, just reformat the hard drive, it will boost the performance the most. Make it all bare bones.
Back to top Go down
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 6:15 pm

My mom uses this computer, too. I can't just go and delete all of her stuff.
Back to top Go down
slayer9365
Expert Scripter
Expert Scripter
slayer9365

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyFebruary 2nd 2011, 7:57 pm

But that is the only true way to maximize speed, and space.
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyFebruary 11th 2011, 9:21 pm

i have a good computer so i don't need to do any of these steps!!! :D
Back to top Go down
slayer9365
Expert Scripter
Expert Scripter
slayer9365

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyFebruary 11th 2011, 10:18 pm

Yes, you do, you definitely, do. I have a good computer, and it takes maintenance.
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyFebruary 12th 2011, 3:09 am

lol, i don't worry about this stuff. :P
Back to top Go down
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyFebruary 12th 2011, 2:19 pm

You should. You'd be surprised how much performance you can boost up. Since your performance is lowered slowly, you may not notice it has been lowered.
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyMarch 14th 2011, 6:11 am

tru, though when I do notice the difference I have to worry about keeping it lagless. :P
Back to top Go down
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyMarch 14th 2011, 8:02 am

Heard of Game booster? You should try it. Or advanced systemcare. They both have boosts that shut down unnecessary processes.
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyMarch 17th 2011, 6:49 am

k, do you think I'll ever be admin again? :3
Back to top Go down
naknak
Administrator
Administrator
naknak

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyMarch 17th 2011, 9:06 pm

Not the place to ask. Open a topic in disputes.
Back to top Go down
blueymaddog
Administrator
Administrator
blueymaddog

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer EmptyMarch 19th 2011, 6:13 am

kk, though this is in the off topic forum. :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reduce lag and maximise space on your computer   reduce lag and maximise space on your computer Empty

Back to top Go down

reduce lag and maximise space on your computer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Roblox Community :: Off Topic :: General-
Jump to: